torsdag 21 november 2013

I will focus more on esports!

My biggest problem in life is that there are too many things that I want to do. I am working on my PhD in Mathematics at the moment and that takes a lot of time. I am also running a student gym and I am casting the Swedish championship in SC2 and qualifiers for that. And of course I spend a lot of time playing StarCraft 2 and also some working out at the gym.  

This was all looking good but as I got some more really interesting opportunities within esports I felt like there was no way for me to do it all. So something had to go. One thing was for sure, I did not want to cut the time I am playing because that is something I really love to do.

Right now I am working 70% of fulltime at the university, 20% of that is teaching (that is 14% of fulltime). So even tho I love teaching math that’s what I decided to let go off. Starting next year I will work only 56% of fulltime at the university and at that pace I am supposed to finish my PhD in about two years.

So what will I do with all of this extra time (lol)? First of all, the things I will do will be in swedish (sorry). As some of you might know I did some writing for Aftonbladet. I will also do more casting in swedish, starting next week with casting the finals of DreamHack Winter on Swedish TV! Yes, on real TV! There are more things to come for next year and I am very happy that I get the opportunity to work more within esports. I think it’s a very important thing at exactly this time because of how much esports is growing. For me personally I am very happy that I get to try all of these things.

SVT will have both an English and a Swedish stream on their web TV from Ro8. Only the finals will be on real TV and with Swedish casters. Some people following the scene prefer the English cast. However when it comes to the then new audience a lot of people requests Swedish cast so I think the combination will be perfect!



I will be casting together with Petter Sjöstrand. I will be more of the analytic caster and he play-by-play. I prefer this combination of casters and I think that it’s even more important when it comes to a new audience. I always prefer it tho. I think that Apollo together with day9 is the best duo. Watching is then very entertaining and you also get the analysis. Personally I prefer to watch replays and do the analysis myself before watching two analytical casters, but that might just be me :)

On another note, I also think that it is very important that there are not just guys working in this area but also some girls if we want esports to really grow. We don’t want esports to be for half of the population but for everyone! That is actually one of all of the reasons I do all the things I do. Let me take ESPORTSM, the Swedish championship, for example. Last season we had 0 female players in the studio. ZERO! This was for 8 qualifiers and a final in SC2, Fifa, Street Fighter and CS. And we had one female caster – me. I would love to see some more girls within the scene and I think it’s important. How to make it happen is a really tough question tho.

This saturday I will be casting the second qualifier to ESPORTSM season 3 and on sunday I will be playing in The University Star League. This time the competition is a lot harder and I think that ThorZaiN will take the win. I'll post links on facebook and twitter when it is time!


As always, thank you so much for the support! If you live in Sweden don’t forget to watch some StarCraft action on TV next weekend. Much love and do me a favor and smile <3

2 kommentarer:

  1. gogo MaddeLisk! An inspiration to females (and also everyone) everywhere!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so mych <3 I'm glad you think so!

      Radera